Retail Manager - US
The Retail Manager will directly report to the General Manager North America (based in New York) and will also work closely with the HQ Retail team and other departments at HQ (HR, Merchandising, Supply Chain, IT, CRM, Visual Merchandising). His/her mission will be to oversee AMI boutiques management.
Management of sales teams, training, motivation, and support.
- Build a strong sales team and provide them with the best training on products and processes using Retail and Visual Merchandising training books.
- Optimize resources by supervising staffing and planning.
- Manage and coach teams to ensure that all sales targets set are achieved.
- Take a lead role in building a strong sales management culture, spend time coaching retail managers, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provide advice and guidance when needed.
- Work with the HR department to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies are adhered to.
Customer service and customer database
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service across all stores and team members.
- Proactively encourage retail teams to deepen their knowledge about the customers and improve customers satisfaction and experience.
- Ensure a strong client base is developed and maintained.
- Monitor performance and launch action plans to improve results
- Analyze and monitor daily sales figures and key performance metrics (KPIs) including sales per transaction, units per transaction (UPT), sales by associate, CRM data, retention, and traffic reports.
- Use this information to develop goal plans and strategies to meet annual targets.
- Launch store action plans through Store Managers to improve results.
- Monitor inventory levels for every product reference all along the season and manage reorders / transfers between stores to optimize sell-through.
Day-to-day support for store teams and store maintenance
- Ensure best possible management of store upkeep, surveying and highlighting any necessary building work, cleaning & other action is undertaken.
Required experience and skills
- Retail and luxury (high end) brand experience
- Previous experience of leadership and development of a retail network
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all functions in the organization
- Ability to be flexible with regular travel and occasional weekend or evening shifts
- Ability, drive, and desire to deliver outstanding results
- Excellent communication skills - well-developed interpersonal skills, good listener
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, and resourceful
- A collaborative team player – concerned with the team and company-wide success as well as individual performance